Founding partner at NSP Legal, Joseph has over 15 years of experience in domestic and cross-border transactions and an earned reputation for innovative thinking. Joseph is known for his business-oriented and strategic approach while advising his clients on day-to day and complex corporate, financial and trade activities in the Middle East and Africa. His practice specializes in the various aspects of local and foreign investments frameworks, with a particular focus on private equity transactions in countries such as Lebanon, Iraq, Kuwait, UAE, Egypt, Kenya, Malawi, Ghana, Rwanda, India, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mozambique, Uganda and others.
Before founding NSP, Joseph practiced in leading Lebanese law firms and specialized in corporate, commercial, mergers & acquisitions, and banking & finance law. He was also seconded as head of legal department for two major multinational companies with over 30 base-presence in the Middle East and Africa.
Joseph earned an LL.M in International Business Law from the University of Montreal – Canada and a law degree (private and public law) from Saint-Joseph University - Lebanon.
Joseph speaks Arabic, English and French.
Areas of Expertise:
• International Transactions & Cross-Border Investments
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Private Equity
• Corporate Structures
• Compliance & Regulatory Law
• Aviation & Airport Services
• Distribution & Franchise Law
• Entertainment & Media
• Family Corporate Governance
• Construction & Real Estate Investments
• Litigation & Arbitration
• Joseph is a member of the Beirut Bar Association
• LL.M. in International Business Law (University of Montreal – Canada)
• Bachelor degree in Private law (Saint Joseph University, Beirut – Lebanon)
• Bachelor degree in Public law (Saint Joseph University, Beirut – Lebanon)