Souad acts as of counsel to NSP Legal on highly specialized construction cases and arbitration related-matters. She worked with leading law firms in Lebanon and in the UK where she built a solid reputation as the go-to-attorney in matters related to construction law and arbitration. She has represented several companies in arbitration cases before the different international arbitration centers, such as the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chambers of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), and the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). She was also commissioned by the Lebanese government and the syndicate of Lebanese contractors of public works, to revise the General Conditions for Construction of Public Works of 1942. The revised conditions were adopted by the Council of Ministers in 2007 and referred to the parliament.
Souad advised contractors in a French/Lebanese joint venture on the construction of the Chabrouh dam in Lebanon, a $70m contract over a period of five years. She was involved in the project on a daily basis and followed-up thereafter on claims before the competent courts. Souad also advised a German/Lebanese joint-venture on the execution of the Kesrouane (Lebanon) Coastal Area Water Supply, a $50m water project completed in 2012.
Souad advises the Lebanese Council for Development and Reconstruction on a regular basis in relation to public works projects and is also a lecturer in Construction Law and Arbitration at King’s College – London.
Souad speaks Arabic, English, French and Spanish.
Areas of Expertise:
• Cross-Border Investments
• Construction Law & F.I.D.I.C. Contracts
• Real Estate Investments
• Airport Services & Airlines
• Oil & Gas
• Administrative Law
Souad is a member of the following organizations:
• The Beirut Bar Association
• The Law Society, London – UK (Overseas lawyer)
• The Society of Construction Law, London – UK
• The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) – UK
• King’s College Arbitration Association – UK
• M.Sc. in Construction Law & Arbitration (King’s College, London - UK)
• Master's in Private Law (Jean Moulin University, Lyon - France)
• Master's and Bachelor degree in Private Law (Saint Joseph University, Beirut – Lebanon)